How to set up an email in Outlook 2011 For Mail
This guide takes you step-by-step through the process of setting up a new email account in Outlook for Mac.
If the Mail account is already set up, but giving errors – then refer to our Troubleshooting guide.
Note: This guide defaults to IMAP and No SSL.
Replace example.com with your domain name
- Launch Outlook for Mac
- Select Tools from the top menu bar and then Accounts…
Add an Account
- Select the E-mail Account option.
Enter your account information
- Enter all the relevant details
- Ensure that the User Name is the full email address.
- Choose IMAP or POP according to your preference.
- Select Override default port.
IMAP port settings
- Default setup: incoming 143, outgoing 587
- If SSL is required: incoming 993, outgoing 465
POP port settings
- Default setup: incoming 110, outgoing 587
- If SSL is required: incoming 995, Outgoing 465
- Click Add Account
- All settings should be correct on this screen – choose More Options
Settings for SMTP server
- Select User Name and Password for Authentication
- Enter in your User name (full email address) and password then select OK
You have completed your account setup
- Your Outlook mail program should now be set up to send and receive mail.