How to set up an email on an iPhone & iPad
Alternatively follow this tutorial to manually set up you mail account:
This guide takes you step-by-step through the process of setting up a new email account on your iPhone or iPad.
If the Mail account is already set up, but giving errors – then refer to our Troubleshooting guide.
Note: This guide defaults to IMAP and No SSL.
Replace example.com with your domain name
Add Mail Account
- Select the settings icon on your home screen
- Select Mail
- Select Accounts
- Select Add Account…
- Select Other from the menu:
- Select Add Mail Account
Enter your account information
- Enter your Name, Email & Password > Next
Configure Incoming and Outgoing Servers
- Select IMAP
- Scroll down to Incoming Mail Server and enter all the relevant details, then do the same for Outgoing Mail Server, as in the screen below and then select Next.
- Ensure that User Name is the full email address
- User Name & Password are the same for both Incoming & Outgoing servers
Verify Server Identity
- You may receive a prompt asking you to verify the incoming and outgoing servers – you can click Continue for each.
- Choose the new account that you’ve just created
- Choose the SMTP server
- Check the SMTP settings:
- User Name is the full email address
- Use SSL is off
- Athentication is Password
- Server Port is 587
- > Done
You have completed your account setup.
Congratulations! You have now successfully configured your email account on your iPhone.